Samsung have just confirmed their LTE and 42Mbps HSPA+ versions of the popular Superphone, the Galaxy SIII for Canadian and presumably North American markets.
Codenamed the SGH-i747 (LTE sporting) and the SGH-iT999 (42 Mbps HSPA+ flavored), each will be powered by a Dual Core 1.5Ghz Snapdragon S4 CPU with 2GB RAM, rather than the Exynos Quad Core and 1GB RAM variety for World markets.
The SGH-i747 will be available in 16GB and 32GB versions and is the variant most likely to come to Telstra, with some tweaking to make it play nicely on the Telco’s 1800Mhz 4G network. Currently the LTE Galaxy SIII will be available in Canada only on Bell Mobility, Virgin Mobile, SaskTel, TELUS and Rogers, while SGH-iT999 will be available from Videotron, Wind and Mobilicity.
We will be keeping a keen eye on this product as it develops for other 4G World markets.
Source: GSM Arena
Full Spec List:
- Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz
- Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
- OS (Shipping): ICS 4.0.4
- Data: LTE (SGH-i747 variation) and HSPA+ 42 (SGH-iT999 variation)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 133g
- Memory: 16/32GB internal memory (SGH-i747)/ 16GB internal memory (SGH-iT999)
- Expandable microSD up to 32GB
- Display: 4.8 HD Super AMOLED 1280×720 (306ppi)
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video Out
- Camera: 8MP Rear-facing, 1.9MP Front-facing
- Battery: 2100 mAh
- TouchWiz with Motion UX
- S Beam
- AllShare Play enhance functionality
- MP3/ACC+/WAV audio player
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.263/ H.264 Video Player
Telstra are once again proving they are no slouches when it comes to passing on Upgrades.
They have today announced on their blog site, that Australia’s fastest phone now has ICS ready for OTA updates.
This is fantastic news for lucky owners.
So, what are you waiting for!
How to upgrade
Over the air:
Because it is a large update (210 MB), we strongly recommend customers use a home Wi-Fi connection. If you download via a mobile network while you are on international roaming then international data charges will apply and this is not recommended.
If they haven’t already received an update notification, customers should receive one in the coming days.
To manually request the update they can go to: Menu>Settings>About Phone>Software updates>Check now